Monday, January 16, 2012

Vintage Television (or maybe not so old for some) Handmade Card | Just Tuning In!

Hello Crafty Friend!

So I had originally made this card for the Vintage Challenge by Incy Wincy Designs. But it was a particularly difficult card for me to construct, and I did not have it finished before the weekend (which I spent at the Family Farm, the Hall Farm. Well, I call it a family farm, but its really just all my parents except for my cat, and horse, which we do share :P But we are family, and we hang out there a lot, so its getting the name "Family Farm" for now.) However; despite missing the previous challenge deadline, Incy Wincy had another EXCELLENT challenge posted today calling for Bold & Bright, and since this card is mainly orange...I find it exceptionally bold, AND bright. Enjoy!

My favorites:
  • I like old things...this retro TV is great. I actually designed this card because I wanted to use the TV so bad. 
  • Spark-ally blue ribbon - was a pain to glue down (and its not quite straight) but awesome all the same. 
  • "Just Tuning In!" sentiment, which I invented myself!!! (*proudness*)
Challenges:

Incy Wincy - Bold & Bright
Crafty Cats - Use Something New (This is my first time using glitter glue/ stickies for a card. I'm usually horrific with the stuff, but this was quite a success.)
Crafty Ann's - Lets Think Hot!

6 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Great card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

happyscrapper said...

I love this retro card with the colors to the tv set. The sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at Incy Wincy this week. Hope to see more things from you.
Hugz,
Christine DT at Incy Wincy

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! Just found the challenge blog. Hope to be an active poster! :)

Curly said...

Oh my word, this is such a beautiful creation , lovely design and layout and very pretty colour theme,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Use Something New Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Carol said...

This looks fab, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

Post a Comment

Persian Pickles. Powered by Blogger.