Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bedroom Curtains! They are finally finished and I even bought a curtain tie back for them.

Ok so this project isn't much a DIY project, as much as it is just a normal home decorating idea. So I hope you enjoy the pictures and can find some inspiration!

We have a fairly small master bedroom. Its about 12x12, and in the corner is a nice little window. The only downside of this window, is that it leads out right to the public apartment breezeway. Yes its possible creepers could try to sneak a peak into our bedroom. So with this window, we DID decided to go with the more opaque option.

I actually wasn't too creative with this venture. My husband and I visited the local Bed Bath & Beyond to pick up a wedding present for a friend (turned out to be a great wedding! Lots of free drinks!). We also agreed that we would glance at the curtains because we knew we'd be getting one for the bedroom at some point in time. Low and behold, we BOTH fell in love with the display model of this arrangement, so I really couldn't say no. I mean how often does that happen? Both agreeing on something, that is... Actually, I shouldn't say that! I have a ton of fun decorating and being creative with my hubby. However, it does take a little compromise at times. :) But this arrangement took no compromise at all so we snatched it up right then. It was a SIGN!



I'm trying to create a dark grey/turquoise theme in our room Ya, I'll let you know how that turns out. So far its been interesting and I'm not sure those colors are really meant to live in such close proximity. 


I got this lovely tie back from Hobby Lobby. I actually went there with the thought that i would buy supplies and make my own DIY tieback...but this one was so great, why not? And it was only $8.40. For me, a major contributor to going DIY is to save money. Yes I LOVE being crafty too, but when supplies cost about $18-20 and this tieback was only $8.40.....I think the choice is simple. 

Well that about wraps it up! Thanks for visiting! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Persian Pickles. Powered by Blogger.