Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hasselbeck Baked Potato Recipe Review - yes I made this and they were pretty awesome!

I made these wonderful scalloped baked potato things from Pinterest and they were actually pretty yummy! I just wanted to give a quick review and also a few tips on what I think I could have done differently. Every recipe needs a little tweaking, and most meals seem to come out out different in each kitchen.
I used the recipe from Seasaltwithfood.
My sister-in-law and her (new!) hubby came over for dinner. I made my own recipe of Soy Sugar Salmon, with a side of almond green beans and these hasselback potatos. They loved the potatos and had such great things to say about them, but my main complaint was they came out a little harder than I prefer.
Changes:
Bake them at a higher heat than 220 degrees. I did 4 potatoes at 250 for an hour (the recipe called for 40 min) .... Still to stiff. I would recommend normal baking temperatures, or better yet, stab your potato a bit and stick them in the microwave for 8-10 minutes before you bake. This will get you a much softer potato, which I prefer.
Also, I served them with sour cream and shredded cheese, which I think was a win!
If the potatos were a little more tender, I'd give them 4.5/5, which qualifies for a remake in my household. So make these tweaks and you should be good to go.
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the amazing potatos!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Persian Pickles. Powered by Blogger.