Thursday, October 4, 2012

I just about have my living room JUST how I like it! Apartment lighting, see through curtains, and papered bookshelves.

Hello readers!

So we moved into our new apartment oh...about 1 1/2 months ago. Now I know these things take time, but the living room really hasn't started to come together until the past couple of days. I started by de-cluttering the area around the window. Yes I had some decorative chairs there and other what nots that just really were not holding their own. I wanted a sort of retro/vintagy feel to the window area. Its a lovely bay-ish (but not quite) window and also the only source of light into the kitchen/livingroom/dining room. So I don't really have the option of lushing it up with thick gorgeous drapes...which trust me, I would love.

So I know most apartments are designed like this...you get one HUGE window to light...well....everything. Here is my window.

Click for full sized version!

My next goal in life it to start using before and after pictures when I do things like this. This goal has not been reached yet.

Before I took this shot, I had some adorably tacky orange and blue decorative stools on both sides of the window, the shelf was more cluttered than it is here (here it is neat by my standards!) and their was no greenery in site. If you ask me, one thing that lightens up a dull apartment is some nice plants.

So I removed the tacky yet cute chairs, rescued some forgotten plants from my porch (along with that CUTE glass metal table), and organized up my shelf a bit.

Now notice the curtains are nice meshy organza type material, and its not even covering the whole window. This type of arrangement still looks like you acknowledge windows need some dressings, but also allows an exorbitant amount of light into the living space as well. Green plants light up an apartment, and so does...LIGHT!


So enough about light...lets check out that paper back grounded bookshelf!

Click for full sized version!

Yes..I did it. I papered the background of my bookshelf! How could I not when they looked so excellent on Pinterest. I would like to point out my husbands Fantasy Football trophy at the peak of the shelf. Yes, I'm such a great wife. ;) 

Well I hope you found this post useful on how to light an apartment living room, and maybe some other ideas as well. Enjoy your day! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Persian Pickles. Powered by Blogger.